PUT AN END TO THE PROBLEM OF DUST AND DIRT IN YOUR POLARIS RZR ENGINE NOW!
FG-A56 fitment is for filter OR10517
Why and when would pre-filter use be consideredIt stops fine dust and keeps your engine cleaner - That is False
Pre-Filters do not stop dust from entering the filter media.
Pre-filters, regardless of make, have openings sized at 130-140 Microns. Even the poorest performing filters, such as oiled gauze or foam, have no trouble stopping particles this large. The particles that your RZR engine air filter routinely deals with are a fraction of that size. 1-10 micron sized particulate is normal, regardless of the operating conditions.
* Imagine throwing a basketball through a garage door opening. That's an accurate relationship between particle size and pre-filter opening.
- Pre-filters keep large debris and mud out of air filter screens and media - This is True
When air filters are exposed to large debris, a pre-filter can act as a deflector and prevent the filter screen and media from becoming plugged. This is not normally the case when using the factory air box.
- Pre-filters add restriction and can have an impact on air flow - This is True
While pre-filters do increase pressure drop, it's normally not by a great deal. We can see a restriction increase of .7" w.g. on the manometer when clean. When filters are exposed, that level of increase can occur by virtue of mud or large debris becoming lodged in the filter screen. R2C pre-filters are normally an asset on exposed filters.
- Pre-filters can reduce the amount of dust holding capacity and cause a more rapid climb in restriction - This is True
R2C Extreme Series filters for Polaris applications actually have the ability to shed the accumulated dust cake through normal oscillation that occurs while riding. The fast moving particulate moves through the pre-filter's 130 micron openings but is not allowed to fall back into the air box easily. The speed required to escape the pre-filter is not present when moving against air flow.
R2C filters feature a specially designed media that allows performance and efficiency to be restored to near new each time by simply using compressed air from inside out, making frequent washing unnecessary in order to restore filter performance.
R2C Polaris air filters feature a media that is fully compatible with washing. Biodegradable cleaners such as Simple Green or other mild shop degreasers can be used. Simply place the filter in a light solution or spray the cleaner on the filter. Allow the solution to loosen the particulate for a few minutes and then rinse thoroughly. Shake the filter to remove residual water and allow a full day or two to dry. Do not apply aggressive compressed air to filters while wet. While the media may discolor, filter efficiency and restriction are not affected.
No longer is there a need to risk dust and dirt entering and damaging your Polaris RZR engines! R2C Polaris RZR air filters are designed for the most grueling conditions your RZR will encounter and will keep your engines clean!
R2C RZR air filters offer unmatched engine protection and easy maintenance in a long-life, oil-free, high performance air filter. R2C's tough, synthetic fiber structure stops and holds dust to .3 microns! These filters rely on advanced military media technology and are designed for severe duty use. R2C air filters will outperform every competitive filter produced for Polaris applications. They're incredibly easy to maintain too! This specially designed filter media allows you to remove dust using compressed air from inside-out or vacuum the exterior.
In less than a minute your R2C filter performance is fully restored! R2C filters are also washable for long life performance and value.
*Do not attempt to remove dust from cellulose (paper) media using compressed air. Cellulose media is NOT designed for removing dust cake in this manner and it can easily result in media failure. The initial failures or fissures created in cellulose media from compressed air cleaning normally can't be seen by eye but your engine will soon know a media failure occurred.
AIR FILTERS BENEFITS:
- Clamp on mounting for positive seal - Ends leaking/dust ingress around the seal.
- 47% Increase in dust holding over the OEM filter - Maximum power and extended service intervals
- 99.992 efficiency - Unmatched on ISO fine dust. - Keeps the finest dust and silt out of your engine!
- Washable and Reusable - Super-tough, synthetic hybrid fiber structure specifically designed for a simple maintenance routine using compressed air or vacuum. Wash when needed. Last's for years, saving you unnecessary expense!
- No Oiling!